Exclusive target Audience:
International & European ASSOCIATIONS & Meeting Planners
Background on the topic and session description
2020 and the cancellation and postponement of our annual highlight (but not only) events tought us to be careful with our future planning. Now that associations and meeting planners are starting to think about the next phase and about the future of organizing our conferences and events, whether it is as a hybrid or as an in-person format, brings up many questions that create uncertainty about how and when to move forward.
The goal of this workshop is to gain a better understanding of the legal (but not exclusively) elements to take into considerations when moving forward to plan your next hybrid or in-person events.
In this Association Legal Matters workshop we discuss the impact and legal consequences of Covid19 measures on current and potentially future agreements: the cancellation of events (hybrid or in-person) and some of the (new) legal aspects that we need to consider and what look out for when negotiating and signing agreements / contracts with suppliers, venues, etc.?
During this workshop we will discuss a variety of legal questions that arise in such circumstances, such as:
- Who is liable for the cancellation of the event?
- Do government measures qualify as “Force Majeure“? What and what not?
- Am I obliged to adapt the concept of or postpone the event?
- Should advance payments / registration fees be reimbursed?
- What about the costs incurred by the event organiser?
- What paragraphs and wordings should become part of our venue / rental contracts that provide enough flexibility?
- Your questions to Curia....
During the workshop a number of real-life case studies will be discussed (without mentioned the name of the specific associations / meeting planners!).
This is an interactive event with Q&A and a breakout session discussing your experiences and concerns about the matter.